2018 Awards for Texas State Button Society
- Cl. 6-5.3.2 + Div. IV Cl. 5-2, Various. Black glass, Pinned/Soldered on a metal back. May include costume trim of similar construction from Div. IV. (Sec. 6-5.3.2 in the appendix. This award allows the trim that is excluded from that class.) Cynthia Boatman $5-3-2
- Cl. 6 -0 + 8-0, 25 Any size but a limit of only 5 smalls. Black glass and Black Glass mounted in/on metal specialized to pictorials. Balance of pictorial sections not necessary. Judging – Black glass and Black Glass mounted in/on metal classes 3pts, Pictorial classes 2pts. Freda Knight $5-3-2
- Cl. 17-0 + 20-22, 20 Any size. 10 Animals assorted and 10 Transportation assorted specialized to those that, in your imagination, you would like to ride. Include at least 1 button from each of the 6 sub classes of animals and 10 transportation buttons to include at least one button from each of the 3 subclasses of transportation. See blue book page 57. Janice Canard $3-3-3 for 1st 2nd and 3rd and participation awards of $2.00 for each additional participant.
- Cl. 6-3.8 + 7-4.11, Small. Black glass Moonglows and clear and colored glass Moonglows specialized to six each of the following colors: black, White, tan, pink, lime green, yellow, and light blue. Limit 3 modern Czech buttons. Debbie Allnutt and Kathy Hurst. $ 5, 3, 2.
- Cl. 1-0 through 15-5, 25 Any size. Materials assorted specialized to hearts. Includes heart(s) on the button as well as heart shaped buttons. No Balance Required. $5-3-2 Big D Button Club
- Cl. 7-0, 30 Any size. Clear and colored glass specialized to pink. Label and mount in order. Use as many classes as you can. Brazos Button Club. $ 5-3-2
- Cl. 7-3.1 + 7-3.2, 18 Any size. Clear and colored glass specialized to Two of each BASIC color ( p.74 Blue Book ), 1 Opaque and q transparent mounted side by side. Label all back types, construction techniques, etc. OME or DF should not obstruct color of button. Brazos Button Club. $ 5-3-2
- Cl. 15-1 through 15-5, 20 Any size. Other Materials. This is a “Club Award” and it is hoped all clubs in Texas will participate. Label Class and material. 20% rule applies to studios and realistics. Submitted by Bluebonnet Button Club as winners of the 2017 Club Award. $12-8-5
- Cl. 17-0, 25 Any size. Animals – The intent of this award is to represent as many animals as possible in their “natural state”. People, human clothes, and activities are excluded. Also excluded are cartoon, comic, or story book characters. Label and mount in class order. Fort Worth Button Club . $ 5-3-2
- Cl. 17-0, 25 Any size. Animals that live under the sea, such as octopus, whale, dolphins, swordfish, etc. Mermaids, and other fabulous creatures are not animals. $5-3-2 Big D Button Club
- Cl. 17-4.3, 25 Any size. Insects. Try for as many identifiable insects as possible, unidentifiable insects are accepted. No limit on realistics, only 5 studio buttons accepted. Fort Worth Button Club. $ 5-3-2
- Cl. 17-5.1, 25 Any. Cats (domestic ). Limit of four buttons of cats not in their natural state. ( doing human activities, wearing clothes, cartoons, etc.) Debbie Alnutt. $5-3-2
- Cl. 18-8, 25 Any size. Masks. In assorted materials. Labeling of mask type or usage helpful. Janice Canard $5-3-2
- Cl. 20-11, 20 Any size. Lovers/Couples. No more than 3 studio buttons allowed. $5-3-2 Big D Button Club
- Cl. 22-1.7, Various. Turned designs ( turn-again, turn-around, turn-over) in assorted materials. Note: Study appendix – can not have a border that is not part of the pattern. Limit of 3 studios. Austin Button Club $ 5-3-2
- Cl. 23-10, 25 Any size. Shapes Assorted. Labeling the shape and material is suggested, but not required. See NBS Bulletin Dec. 2009, page 238 for helpful article (available to members online at the NBS website.) Bluebonnet Button Club $12-8-5
- Cl. 23-11, 24 Large. Studio Buttons. Label class materials. (see page 26 of the blue book ) and Label the artist. Buttons must include a labeled back mark. Shirley Thomas $10-6-4
- Cl. 23-12, 25 Any size. Unlisted, Buttons that fluoresce. Fluoresce in the DF or OME is allowed for this award. Labels may be helpful but are not required. Supply an unmarked Black light for judging if Possible. Lynn Huck $5-3-2
- Cl. 23-12, 20 Any size. Unlisted Specific Types, specialized to Movable/Mechanical/Interactive. Buttons must move or interact with the viewer. Some examples are mechanical/movable, mirrors, holograms, lenticular, glows, and puzzle pieces (2 or more puzzle pieces fitted together count as 1 button). Label what the button does that makes it interactive, i.e. moves, reflects, magnifies, etc. Iridescent glass buttons are not appropriate in this award. Kathy Hurst. $ 15-10-5
- Cl. 25-1 Through 25-11, 25 Any. Usage ( Non Military) excluding 25-5 ( livery ). At least 1 from each class. No balance required. Variety of classes more important than materials. See pgs. 66 and 67 in the blue book. Brazos Button Club. $5-3-2
- Cl. 26-5, 25 Various. Complete Summary. Label and mount in class order. See page 68 of the blue book . (Note: only 17 of the 25 can be pictorial.) Janice Canard $5-3-2.
- Cl. 27-5, 20 Any size. “Texas Two-Step” Assorted materials specialized to 10 pairs of 2 buttons each depicting objects, people, animals or concepts, etc. that are commonly expressed in pairs. Label the pairing (Ex. birds and bees, black and white, Romeo and Juliet). If you won a ribbon on this award in 2017 , you may enter again, but with a different partner. Bluebonnet Button Club. $12- 8- 5
- Cl. 14-0 25 any size. Wood Assorted. Label wood classes and things of interest such as backmarks, etc. H. B. $5-3-2
- Fondest Button Recollection: At least one button with a short story: Greatest find, first measles, most expensive, most sentimental, etc. Brazos Button Club. $5-3-2
- Yellow Brick Road: Any number, size, or material of yellow buttons. Any shape other than round.